Children and Youth
Children and Youth: Their Expectations:Results of a random survey carried out by SERFAC in 2008 involving 500 Youth, ages 10-16years
- Don’t Keep us young too long.
- We need fun and companionship
- Make us feel our home belong to us
- Don’t laugh at us when we use the word love
- Treat us as a junior partner in the form.
- Make yourself as adult fit for a child to live with
- Prepare us to lead our lifes not yours
- Give us a right to major voice and our life
- let us make our own mistakes
- Permit us the failings of the average children.
- Stand by us not over us
- Make us feel we are loved and wanted
- Train us by being affectionately firm.
- Bring us up so that we will not always need you
- Try to be consistent as possible
- Don’t try to make us inferior.
- Say “nice work “when we do something really well
- Show respect for our wishes even if you disagree with them.
- Give direct answer to direct questions.
- Show interest what we are doing.
- Treat us as if we are normal, even when our conduct seems peculiar to you,